Operational Risk Committee
Scott Para, Co-Chair
American Water - Northeast Region, Raritan-Millstone Plant, P.O. Box 102, Bound Brook, NJ 08805
732-302-3194, Fax 732-627-0868
Paul Kozakiewicz, Co-Chair
Southeast Morris County MUA, 19 Saddle Rd., Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
973-326-6865, Fax: 973-326-9521
Priority tasks (from Strategic Plan)
- Keep abreast of available safety procedures/guidance manuals on issues such as: OSHA, TCPA, and confined spaces.
- Provide input to the Conference Committee for a safety program at the AWWA NJ Annual Conference.
- Provide safety articles to all Section Newsletter issues.
- Populate the Section website with information on safety practices, regulation and enforcement.
- Provide input to the Education and Professional Development Committee on developing or coordinating training classes that are required for annual recertification (such as confined spaces); and develop a list of other safety courses including where and when they are being offered.
- Investigate workers’ compensation claims in the State to see how the water industry compares with other industries. Keep this information updated to provide guidance to utilities for training programs.
- Provide seminars on health and safety issues, utilizing expertise from various industries.
- Monitor various water sector security agency reports, regulations and programs and disseminate information to members.
In conjunction with the Education and Professional Development Committee develop training programs to help utilities comply with various regulations regarding security best practices.